Question for LADoc00 and other Econ savvy people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silent Cool

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The article is dated July of 2012 and is based on outdated information. New York has recently found that the premiums on their exchange are quite a bit lower than expected. Other states are seeing premium levels that are about the same as current individual premiums. America is going to love Obamacare, despite what the GOP wants you to think.

Members don't see this ad :)
The article is dated July of 2012 and is based on outdated information. New York has recently found that the premiums on their exchange are quite a bit lower than expected. Other states are seeing premium levels that are about the same as current individual premiums. America is going to love Obamacare, despite what the GOP wants you to think.

The premise of the article is why buy it when you are young and healthy? Why not wait til you get sick and then buy insurance when you need it?

My biggest problems with it are:
1. The federal govt sucks at pretty much everything it does
2. Everything is politicized now, putting us at politicians mercy. You have 1 party who likes it and the other wants to defund it. We are screwed in this situation.
3. They can fix prices now with little regard for providers.
4. Potential for abuse is enormous wtih large govt database.
5. Bureaucracy now worse between patient/provider

lulz...

individual market

New York

Cluster**** of a baseline.

=

gloriously biased analysis

lulz...

individual market

New York

Cluster**** of a baseline.

=

gloriously biased analysis

You may not like it, but American voters are going to eat it up. Not sure what the GOP is going to do when it turns out that the law works pretty well.

You may not like it, but American voters are going to eat it up. Not sure what the GOP is going to do when it turns out that the law works pretty well.

Sure. People love the living **** out of getting **** that someone else is paying for.

Thank God that it ****s the union boys and girls more than the rest of the workers. Sleep with a *****, get the gonosyphillaids. Enjoy.

BTW, appeal to majority is a piss poor argument. If you were married to Heidi Klum and we were to take a vote to see if we thought you should share... I'm pretty sure you'd come off that (erroneous) high horse and obtain a more solid moral footing in short order.

Enjoy your false dichotomy, though. It saves one from mental effort. :lame:

I am not sure the law will work well, but I have no doubt that most Americans will like it as long as there are more takers than makers and a card saying you have insurance is masked as having access to quality health care services.

I'm actually neutral on Obamacare. It will definitely hurt my income. But the democrats will ride this wave for the next decade as people get insurance at reasonable rates. And the GOP will take a hit for being against it.

As far as the New York data being representative or not, it just is what it is - real premiums that are less costly than predicted. Same going on in other states. Don't hate on the messenger.

$560 per month is much closer to the national average. $250 per month that they were paying is incredibly low on a national scale. And your source is the Weekly Standard? LOL.

Wait -- are you going after the messenger? Or the message? You mean to tell me that you now have a problem with cherry picked data?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yo--LADoc! What's your opinion on the OP's question/article? :) Still haven't heard from you, my friend.

Yo--LADoc! What's your opinion on the OP's question/article? :) Still haven't heard from you, my friend.

Im busy dude! Its not easy trying to take over the world one client at a time!!

Ive actually met Peter, he is a great guy. In fact at one point, I was chest high in precious metals trading it like 2+ hours per day, then ran out of time in the day to devote the needed energy to it.

Schiff is FAR from the only one saying this and the voices appear to be right. You can bet insurance rates will go sky high in the next 5 years dropping even more out of the system.

In essence, Obamacare will actually achieve the exact OPPOSITE of its stated intent!

hahahahahaha!

All problems on Earth have been created by either Asmodeus himself or politicians, his willing idiots/henchmen (and henchwomen).

Im busy dude! Its not easy trying to take over the world one client at a time!!

Ive actually met Peter, he is a great guy. In fact at one point, I was chest high in precious metals trading it like 2+ hours per day, then ran out of time in the day to devote the needed energy to it.

Schiff is FAR from the only one saying this and the voices appear to be right. You can bet insurance rates will go sky high in the next 5 years dropping even more out of the system.

In essence, Obamacare will actually achieve the exact OPPOSITE of its stated intent!

hahahahahaha!

All problems on Earth have been created by either Asmodeus himself or politicians, his willing idiots/henchmen (and henchwomen).

LOL, sorry--I always feel bad about interrupting someone's world dominating. :laugh:
Schiff has an interesting show. I've enjoyed a lot of his clips/and opinions esp. re: students loans. I think his fiscal views are right on the money and esp. his view as gov't as the root of these awful price bubbles. It's tragic.

We are doomed. Glad I have a lot of physician friends, don't know what everyone else is going to do.