Question for moving to California as a pharmacist

Started by Bosno
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bosno

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I may potentially need to move to California in the Bay Area (SF, Palo Alto, San Jose) and I'm wondering what the job market out there is, specifically for hospital jobs.

I graduated with a Pharm.D in the Midwest and have been working for a top Midwest hospital for 2+ years as a Clinical (Staff Pharmacist) but I do not have residency. I know new grads who didn't graduate from a CA school have a tough time competing for a job in CA. Realistically, what are my chances of finding a job within 6 months to a year of looking. I would prefer to stay in hospital.
 
I'd say decent, the biggest hang up will be whether you have an active CA license. Most employers will want that uncertainty taken care of before calling you.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app