Question for new P1's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutiger

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What was your least favorite class this past semester?

Members don't see this ad.

Immunology. I've never been a huge fan of it though it's important. Pharmaceutics was harder but the professor made up for it. Our intro to pharm course was a waste of time, but just one of those classes you have to get through to get to the good stuff.

It was a tie between Pharmacy & Health Care Delivery and Introduction to Pharmaceutical Care Lab. PCHD was just boring material and a professor with a chip on his shoulder about his class being considered easy. PCL was just annoying as Hell, for me anyway. The professor liked to give us erroneous material all the time to see if we'd catch it. Also, there was fairly limited correspondance between counseling and compounding done in the lab to in the real world. I was a compounding tech, and while I have not counseled patients, I have watched it done many a time, and our professor has a poor grasp on reality. She also tends to test on things that are not related to any of the material we have been working on throughout the semester. Blech.

Members don't see this ad :)
Biochem or immunology. I think I would have liked immunology a lot better if it was organized a little better - we jumped around a lot. Biochem was just HARD but I liked learning the metabolic pathways and the very few things we learned about actual drugs. I didn't like the more o-chem related material though.

I hated Microbiology, but I'm more of a Chemistry person anyways. And our calculations class was horrible. The Math itself wasn't hard, but the teacher just couldn't teach it in a way that was testable (ie, different types of problems being on the quizzes than the ones we went over already).

Microbiology and Intro to Drug Action and Delivery. soo boring.

history & ethics of pharmacy
the most boring and useless class so far.

Nothing was too bad, maybe pharmaceutical calculations? It was easy math made very complicated. But I ended up doing alright in the end.

I guess one of the good things about a 0-6 program is that you get your BS pharmacy classes (healthcare delivery and things like that) before you officially start pharmacy school. Intro. to pharmacy and healthcare systems is probably the worst class I've taken so far but that was in my 2nd undergrad year.

my least favorite class was definately the IPPEs.

It was for community pharmacy. Seriously, I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. They should have to option of having your payed intern hours count for this IPPEs requirement. Plus we had to do about 6-7 papers and do a prescription log. It was just BS...

They could at least make it count for a grade instead of Pass/Fail. God knows I could use the gpa booster a bit.

I feel kind of guilty admitting to it, but I really hated our pharmacy practice laboratory. Also was not a big fan of pharmaceutics by the end of the semester.

my least favorite class was definately the IPPEs.

It was for community pharmacy. Seriously, I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. They should have to option of having your payed intern hours count for this IPPEs requirement. Plus we had to do about 6-7 papers and do a prescription log. It was just BS...

They could at least make it count for a grade instead of Pass/Fail. God knows I could use the gpa booster a bit.

Yes, I don't agree with the fact that we can't do IPPEs at the place that we work and we can't get intern hours there. But my hospital IPPE was alright (see my IPPE diaries).

Yes, I don't agree with the fact that we can't do IPPEs at the place that we work and we can't get intern hours there. But my hospital IPPE was alright (see my IPPE diaries).

I get to do hospital next semster. I am looking forward to it.

Immunology...our professor was brilliant. But like AngelaCL posted, if it was better organized it would have been much better. The course material was very interesting...but it was just one of those subjects I was happy to part ways with.

okay, i'll chime in. my least favorite has to be intro to pharmacy/human values. what a complete waste of time. i mean attending 3 lectures a week (1 hr/day) and having a three hr discussion on professionalism was just the worse (and i had my small group w/ the dean of the college who could obviously care less if we participated in discussion, which was 30% of our grade, b/c he could not stay on topic, so why read six articles/week if we are not going to discuss them?). by week 2, everybody was burnt out. then to top it off, we had a midterm? on professionalism?? seriously??? how can you have a test over lectures that were so disjointed? also we had to write a vision paper, which i threw together in 2 days and others were grasping for straws to complete. Then we had to do a public service announcement on top of that, not bad since our group only took about 20 min. to do it in, but it was a waste of time.

i did not take that class seriously, i mean come on, having a discussion w/ the dean about how the Velveteen Rabbit related to pharmacy?

Then we had to write about 2-3 entries/week in our little black books for IPPE, that they didn't even read b/c my entries were b.s. How do you compare the Velveteen Rabbit w/ pharmacy when you are trying to study for a pharmacology test on Friday, a pharmaceutics test on Monday, and a Med. Chem. test on Tuesday? We did more in this 3hr class than we did in our 4 and 5hr classes.

i have never skipped so many classes before in my entire school career. by the end of the semester, everybody was skipping. :D and it was boring on top of that :sleep: If we did manage to stay in class, we were studying for more import. classes. :laugh:

and this class was in competition with pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, and pharmaceutics. which are 4, 4 and 5 hrs courses respectively.

Next would be pharmaceutics. Waste Of Time, Didn't Learn Anything, and it was harder than pharmacology and med. chem. How the hell did that happen? Man I have so many stories to tell from this semester, but I won't go there. Still love my school.

Last edited: