Quantcast

Question for people who have interviewed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bluth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I know its been asked 1000 times but what did most guys wear. I need to buy something appropriate this weekend.

andrewattheU

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
a conservative business suit is the preferred dress for guys

D

DooberXL

Black suit, light blue dress shirt, light gold tie, a hand full of hair gel, boxers with monkeys on them, black socks, and black leather dress shoes.

UES Girl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
boxers with monkeys on them :):):)

He-he, that's funny. I like your attention to detail. :)

jessica525

I
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would say dress professional, but dress to stand out and be comfortable!!

you don't want to look like the identical twin of every other guy there :)

Bluth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So something with a suit jacket then?

Fost

Future PharmD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
fadded blue jeans and a t-shirt is always a good way to go. especially a shirt that shows how much you like to drink, like a corona or bud light T.

triumphbr

Yeah I'm accepted.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
fadded blue jeans and a t-shirt is always a good way to go. especially a shirt that shows how much you like to drink, like a corona or bud light T.

Preferably with a half naked female form located somewhere easily noticed. Having a clever saying along the back to leave a parting shot is good too. Some suggestions..

"If you ain't drinkin, I ain't blinkin'!"

or...

"Yeah, I lost my dignity but I was having a helluva good time."

Socks are a no no. Sandals are preferred.

In short... Do you best to look and act like a liberal arts major, on academic probation.

D

DooberXL

Well, like they say, it's not the clothes that make the man, it's the man that makes the clothes...metaphorically not literally making the clothes. Anyhow, I find that it really doesn't matter as long as you are dressed professionally for the situation. What's more important is how you carry yourself during the interview. Don't slouch, walk with your chest out and back straight, be confident but don't be over confident. We've all seen those cocky people who think they're so great. You can just smell the stink coming off of them from across the room.

..in short...dress for the occasion, be confident and, most importantly, be genuine! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

Scrubs Fan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would say dress professional, but dress to stand out and be comfortable!!

you don't want to look like the identical twin of every other guy there :)

wrong, that's exactly what you want to do. you'll walk into the lobby and see a sea of navy blue and black suits or power suits.

D

DooberXL

wrong, that's exactly what you want to do. you'll walk into the lobby and see a sea of navy blue and black suits or power suits.

A little rough there Scrubs, must be the time of night that you're posting :laugh:. But yea, you're right considering that you should be dressed "professionally", and that usually constitutes black or navy blue suits. You wouldn't walk into a business meeting in a purple pimp suit.....unless it's a meeting of pimps... :confused:

kbv

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know its been asked 1000 times but what did most guys wear. I need to buy something appropriate this weekend.
Google it and you get tons of responses. Dressing for school interview is the same as for job interview.

LoKoTe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, I'm sure this is REALLY stupid, but what are the components of a suit? I'm always confused about this. Are they nice dressing shoes, black pants ( example ), nice belt, shirt, tie and blazer? If anyone could explain I'd really appreciate it.

Prepharm1214

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would a nice dress shirt, tie, and khaki's be acceptable? I dont exactly have a suit or able to afford one :confused:

kbv

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would a nice dress shirt, tie, and khaki's be acceptable? I dont exactly have a suit or able to afford one :confused:
consider it your future investment. besides, once get accepted into the pharmd program, there will be several classes requiring pharmacy students to wear professional attires. so male students are required to wear the suit in addition to the lab coat.
next week is x'mas, and is the biggest sale event of the year. try several stores (filene's, etc.) for a bargain.

jspwinter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You can always check Jos a banks website. They have great sales every now and then.

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

That is a little too business casual in my opinion. I've seen people wear that type of stuff, but they always stand out in a bad way more than good.

You don't need a high priced outfit. You just need one that makes you at least the norm.

Boop2002

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cant stress how much a suit will be important. Even though they say looks isnt important, as a human we all judge. So spend the money and buy yourself a suit. Trust me its the best investment for the interview process you can make. Make sure the suit fits, meaning get it altered if it doesnt. Back straight and nice shoes. We had one dude with white sneakers and a suit, so spend about $200-300 and get a suit and shoes.