Question for the future docs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umean2tellme

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What diseases could cause what appears to be flesh/intestinal lining in someone's stool?

Members don't see this ad.

That's an interesting question. Anybody have any ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)
What about perhaps Chron's or Ulcerative Colitis?

or cancer, or some clotting problem seen with liver failure...

if this is for you, please PLEASE see a real physician, and don't rely on us to diagnose. That is not what these boards are for, and it could be a very serious problem.

It's not for me. It's for a friend and he's seen/currently seeing a doc for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, the person is a vegetarian. The flesh bits are a few mm x mm and are dark reddish-pink, like the color of liver. There is no blood grossly present.

it's very difficult to tell without a proper history...

Does your friend regularly eat flesh/intestinal lining?

this is important.

Pain? Fever? Diarrhea, constipation? Nausea, vomiting? Color of stool? Frequency of stool? How long has this been going on? Change in diet? Travel Hx?

It could be a lot of things. Might just be undigested pink stuff he ate, like bits of vitamin pills, fruit skins, stuff like that. If he has other associated symptoms, it is most likely infectious, though it could be IBD.

What diseases could cause what appears to be flesh/intestinal lining in someone's stool?

No, the person is a vegetarian. The flesh bits are a few mm x mm and are dark reddish-pink, like the color of liver. There is no blood grossly present.

majahops = umean2tellme? And if so how lame is this :laugh::

That's an interesting question. Anybody have any ideas?

OP, majahops, you guys should go see a doc with your meaty anal leakage. SDN is not for medical advice.

Last edited:
Holy multiple personalities, Batman! :eek:

This has been cross-posted in several forums by different usernames.

stevens_chitterling.jpg

I still dont get how that means majahops and Umeantotellme are the same person. I've seen their others posts in preallo and usually same posters have same posting styles etc. not so in this case. As it is Majahops is a cali resident with 4 acceptances and umttm is a fl. resident with an acceptance to a Fl. school who has posted in the Fl. thread multiple times where majahops has never even ventured.

It must be a fleshy feces epidemic then.....

I'm appalled that this thread has been allowed to stay open.

Usually mods are Johnny-on-the-spot closing these - what makes this thread so special that instead we have imods jumping into the fray on this one?

SDN (and the internet in general) is not for medical advice. It sets a pretty harmful precedent man. Those of you trying to take a history should be ashamed of yourselves for encouraging it. And those of you making fun of the OP should also be ashamed of yourselves. And those of you holier-than-thou's out there posting that SDN is not for medical advice should be especially ashamed of yourselves. We're all scumbags.

I got to this thread by accident by clicking on several different profiles/links and its grossing me out.

Somebody chop up some red peppers in an egg-substitute omelette? I'm sorry, you eat a diet that high in fiber and you're bound to get bits. I'm betting red bell peppers.

Hate to say it. Pics?

The mods must all be on a cushy retreat. SDN likely got some bailout money and they are spending it on a lavish vacation. In the mean time, we all get to post to threads like this while the parents are away. WOO HOO.:smuggrin: