Question for University of Chicago folks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alacast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you know the professor Nicho Hatsopoulos? I'm thinking of applying to University of Chicago (looking at the secondary application right now), and currently he and his research is the only Pro against a long list of Cons for UChicago. I emailed him 6 months ago about possibly interning for him over this summer, but received no reply. At this point I'm ready to just skip over UChicago, but if anyone here knows that he's actually a lovely human being and the most wonderful advisor in the world, that'd be good to know :)

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

If one professor is the only thing you're interested in at a school (and you would absolutely not go there otherwise), don't apply. Even if the guy does exactly what you want to do and would be a great adviser, you never know if he'll leave the school, or lose funding, or have no space for you in his lab...Then you're SOL.

heh. the UC has recently had many issues, both financial and ethical. i would skip over. PM me if you're interested in knowing more.

but that being said, the research done on campus is still top notch, even if the clinical care is - how can i put this - severely lacking.