Question for USC peeps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows about how much it costs for a taxi from LAX to USC, give me a holla back. I want to know if it's cheaper to rent a car.

Members don't see this ad.

PDizzle said:
If anyone knows about how much it costs for a taxi from LAX to USC, give me a holla back. I want to know if it's cheaper to rent a car.

Not sure about the taxi, but my rental car cost was just above $30 for one day through Enterprise.

In AZ I rented a car through Budget and I picked the cheapest one for like $29 but by the time all the other fees were added it was $60! Damn rental car companies! :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
the last time i took a taxi between these two, it was a $40 flat fee, and that was usc --> lax - i assume it's the same if you're going the other way. you can always take a super shuttle which costs quite a bit less (around $20 i believe)

ltb said:
the last time i took a taxi between these two, it was a $40 flat fee, and that was usc --> lax - i assume it's the same if you're going the other way. you can always take a super shuttle which costs quite a bit less (around $20 i believe)

Thx. What is a super shuttle? Is that a company or a service at LAX? Do I need to call a reserve the service? I really don't want to rent a car. I'm flying, interviewing, then flying right back plus I heard parking at USC aint no picnic!

Thanks for your help!

PDizzle said:
Rent a car for the day through southwest.com and it's around 12...

It will be easier for you to rent a car in LA since it's such a driver town. Plus you will have trouble getting a cab for the return trip, unless you call and arrange it. Not like Boston or NY, besides the airport there are not that many cabs just driving around the city.

PDizzle said:
Thx. What is a super shuttle? Is that a company or a service at LAX? Do I need to call a reserve the service? I really don't want to rent a car. I'm flying, interviewing, then flying right back plus I heard parking at USC aint no picnic!

Thanks for your help!
a company that offers shared ride vans. google it.

my girlfriend is an undergrad at usc and she uses them all the time to get to and from LAX. i took one once - had a good experience.

ltb said:
a company that offers shared ride vans. google it.

my girlfriend is an undergrad at usc and she uses them all the time to get to and from LAX. i took one once - had a good experience.

You rock :)

Peace

I just went to visit USC.....let me tell you that it is awesome. I really love the school!! I'm still predent and have went to visit ASU, UOP, UCSF, UCLA, and san antonio..... It's been a pleasure for all schools..

I usually use the super shuttle to go from UCLA-LAX. I am sure the shuttle will also take you to USC. The cost is 15 dollars. There should be a little station outside the airport. Ask an airport attendant if you don't see it and they should be able to point you in the right location. You can make reservations online if you want, but it's not really necessary.

http://www.supershuttle.com/

http://www.redvans.com/