Question for Wake Forest interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

custard

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am interviewing there soon and I am not sure what to do about two things. I would really appreciate your help.

One, is there a shuttle from Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point airport going into Winston-Salem? I really don't want to rent a car. Maybe someone would like to share a cab? I'm flying in on Dec 8th at 5pm-ish, and departing on Dec 11th at 5:30pm-ish. Where can I find out about transportation to and from this airport?

Two, I am spending two nights at a hotel in Old Salem. I planned to stay with a student host the third night (night before my interview) but no-one was available. Should I book this third night at a hotel closer to the med school (if so is there stuff to do around the school? any hotel recommendations?) or should I stay in Old Salem for another night and take some kind of public transportation (what's the best?) to get to my interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I am interviewing there soon and I am not sure what to do about two things. I would really appreciate your help.

One, is there a shuttle from Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point airport going into Winston-Salem? I really don't want to rent a car. Maybe someone would like to share a cab? I'm flying in on Dec 8th at 5pm-ish, and departing on Dec 11th at 5:30pm-ish. Where can I find out about transportation to and from this airport?

Two, I am spending two nights at a hotel in Old Salem. I planned to stay with a student host the third night (night before my interview) but no-one was available. Should I book this third night at a hotel closer to the med school (if so is there stuff to do around the school? any hotel recommendations?) or should I stay in Old Salem for another night and take some kind of public transportation (what's the best?) to get to my interview?

http://www.partnc.org/index.htm

I took it on my way back to the airport since it was during 9-7pm hrs. This part shuttle runs during "business" hours so you can only take advantage of it then. You take the shuttle from the airport to another hub to catch the main bus to Greensboro. Call the number on the website for detailed information and they will explain everything. They are very nice! Just bring singles. $2 ride!!!

Great, thank you!

Can anyone answer my hotel question?

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the Quality Inn which was nice. It is about 2 miles from the school and about half a mile from Hanes Mall (great if you like shopping). I think there is a Days Inn right off of Silas Creek Parkway that is actually closer to the mall (i.e. u could walk to the mall from it without getting hit by oncoming traffic). I really don't have any clue about the whole public transportation issue though as I drove to the interview, sorry.

I would highly suggest staying at the Hawthorne Conference Inn which is a owned by the medical center. it is less than $80 a night and they have a FREE shuttle which drops you off and brings you back to the hotel. The hotel was clean with free breakfast that had a decent spread! I liked it very much. I just got in at 2 am so didn't get to really unwind the night before. Make sure you ask for the interviewee rate.

Hey guys,

THis is totally unrelated but I figured I might as well ask it here. Does anyone know if Wake will tell you why the rejected you?? or how to strengthen your application for the next year?

THis is totally unrelated but I figured I might as well ask it here. Does anyone know if Wake will tell you why the rejected you?? or how to strengthen your application for the next year?

If your early assurance program is tied directly to your undergrad, then it may be best to talk to the person in charge of that first. If not, it doesnt hurt to call as they are very nice and understanding over the phone in my experience.

I would highly suggest staying at the Hawthorne Conference Inn which is a owned by the medical center. it is less than $80 a night and they have a FREE shuttle which drops you off and brings you back to the hotel. The hotel was clean with free breakfast that had a decent spread! I liked it very much. I just got in at 2 am so didn't get to really unwind the night before. Make sure you ask for the interviewee rate.

Thank you! Is there anything to do around the med center (without a car) for half a day?