Question for Wright Staters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MattVike12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what's going on with these posts, but here was my question: I was wondering on how you guys are graded. I saw that it was "P/F & %." What's the point of having P/F if you end up getting a percentage anyway? Wouldn't that be like having a true grading system? Thanks in advance for your response(s).

Members don't see this ad.

I have often wondered that myself. I guess it's so that they can write in your dean's letter that you achieved a certain percentage in certain areas. (I know they do this) Maybe they also want the % grade to use for class rank. Maybe they want to give residency programs something other than USMLE to look at. Who the hell knows. There's a lot of policy/faculty things that don't seem to make sense in med school. I can only speak for WSU b/c it's my school, but I have a feeling administration is probably screwy in some areas at all med schools. It's all a big bureuacracy... Good luck..