question on about amount of neuroanatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jellygreen2001

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
can someone tell me if there is a lot of neuroanatomy questions on the boards, i read hy neuro but really didn't retain much about path or circuits or anything and am freaking out now.
Also, any idea about how important the neuro drugs are. There is just so many of them and they all sounds the same:) your advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone,
can someone tell me if there is a lot of neuroanatomy questions on the boards, i read hy neuro but really didn't retain much about path or circuits or anything and am freaking out now.
Also, any idea about how important the neuro drugs are. There is just so many of them and they all sounds the same:) your advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

I took the USMLE yesterday and I had a TON of neuro and neuroanatomy
(probably an entire question block of them all together). I had 3 or 4 spinal cord sections with questions about the location of tracts/where the lesion would be, and then a couple more of the medulla asking about the location of nuclei (all in a clinical context - they would state the patients symptoms and then ask where the lesion was located). I also had 5 or 6 brain MRIs with questions on locations or what lesion the patient had based on the findings of the MRI. Most of them were pretty obvious and only took a basic understanding of neuroanatomy.

I must admit though - I have a biased view point on the ease of the neuroantomy questions because that is what my masters is in (anatomy with an emphasis in neuroanatomy). The questions were definitely workable and would not require hours of studying to figure out.

Hope that helps. Now I just have to wait until July 16th comes to get the score!

another perspective:

My test had ~20 questions on neuroanatomy. all straightforward (mostly) and could be learned from FA and uworld. that hy book is too dense. i know it's short, but it's sure not sweet.

Members don't see this ad :)
another perspective:

My test had ~20 questions on neuroanatomy. all straightforward (mostly) and could be learned from FA and uworld. that hy book is too dense. i know it's short, but it's sure not sweet.

i am starting to think that we really DID have the same test after all...

hi everyone,

thanks in advance

Took the step yesterday:
Had maybe 6 neuroanatomy questions. 3 of which where hematomas, and the others lesion localization- really straight-forward. as for the drugs, I recommend the Psych drugs > Neuro drugs (at least based on my test). Remember the TOXICITIES and INTERACTIONS of the drugs.