Question on Chad's Gen Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HdK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

my subscription for chad's recently expired, and I have the test next Thursday so I was wondering a specific question about the Chad's videos. Im not quite sure if I have a typo or not. I would appreciate it so much.

This question is regarding the pH of salts right before buffers when he talks about the negligable acid and bases. The acids are usually Fe+2, Fe+3, and I believe Ag+? I'm wondering if I wrote this wrong and I meant to write Al, because in the following examples that he gives, he says Al(ClO4)3...or did he say Ag(ClO4)3?

Thanks..Can't pay for another subscription I'll use for a couple days XD..if the question is unclear pls let me know. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

my subscription for chad's recently expired, and I have the test next Thursday so I was wondering a specific question about the Chad's videos. Im not quite sure if I have a typo or not. I would appreciate it so much.

This question is regarding the pH of salts right before buffers when he talks about the negligable acid and bases. The acids are usually Fe+2, Fe+3, and I believe Ag+? I'm wondering if I wrote this wrong and I meant to write Al, because in the following examples that he gives, he says Al(ClO4)3...or did he say Ag(ClO4)3?

Thanks..Can't pay for another subscription I'll use for a couple days XD..if the question is unclear pls let me know. Thank you!

The examples Chad gives in that section (5.8) are:
KBr
Al(ClO4)3
CsF
AlF3

I think this is what you're referring to? But yeah Al is an acidic cation :) Hope this helps!

Thank you good sir! so nowhere does it say Ag+ as the cation acid right before taht right? Just Al? Just makin sure of my horrid typo on my notes XD

haha nope! It's just Al :)

(note: in actuality, it wouldn't make a difference, since both Ag and Al are acidic cations haha just as an aside)