Question on MCAT retake update to submitted/verified AACOMAS application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shahzadriel

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I took the MCAT back in June and received a 505. My pacing completely fell apart relative to my AAMC FLs. So, I double-checked myself on content knowledge and, determining that the knowledge wasn't the problem, drilled pacing for a month and retook it on 7/16. For my retake, I actually finished the sections on time, and I feel vastly more confident about the pending score. That said, my applications are ready to submit, and I know the verification process takes some time.

So, specifically in regard to the AACOMAS application... If I submit my application now, will I be able to send the updated MCAT score to my submitted/verified application before schools get to review it?

Thanks for any guidance or insight!

Members don't see this ad.

So, I took the MCAT back in June and received a 505. My pacing completely fell apart relative to my AAMC FLs. So, I double-checked myself on content knowledge and, determining that the knowledge wasn't the problem, drilled pacing for a month and retook it on 7/16. For my retake, I actually finished the sections on time, and I feel vastly more confident about the pending score. That said, my applications are ready to submit, and I know the verification process takes some time.

So, specifically in regard to the AACOMAS application... If I submit my application now, will I be able to send the updated MCAT score to my submitted/verified application before schools get to review it?

When does your new score come out? It’s only a couple of weeks, right?
If so, you can safely wait & submit AACOMAS with your new score so you are sure they see it

Yes, the new score comes out on the 16th of this month.
Okay, thank you! I know everyone is gung-ho about submitting as early as possible, I was afraid 2 more weeks wasn't worth it if the rest was all set to submit.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, that's really comforting to hear. Thank you!

Would you guys happen to know if this same advice would hold for the AMCAS application as well? I assumed since they're the ones administering the MCAT (and with a supposedly longer verification time) the new MCAT would just be updated once the score came out?

(My apologies if this isn't the right place for this question.)

I've honestly been hemming and hawing over this for a couple of days; thank you both for putting my mind at ease. I should've posted sooner!

Awesome, that's really comforting to hear. Thank you!

Would you guys happen to know if this same advice would hold for the AMCAS application as well? I assumed since they're the ones administering the MCAT (and with a supposedly longer verification time) the new MCAT would just be updated once the score came out?

(My apologies if this isn't the right place for this question.)

I've honestly been hemming and hawing over this for a couple of days; thank you both for putting my mind at ease. I should've posted sooner!
Hi, did you figure out the answer to this?

It is super easy to send them the update of your MCAT score. Once you get the score in AMCAS go to print your score. once you do that it will generate a "verification code" you copy that and put it in an email to the admissions office at the programs you are applying to. you will also attach you aamc ID number. I did that and within 2-3 days I got emails saying it was updated on my application.

AMCAS will automatically get the new score.
For AACOMAS and TMDSAS you need an extra step:
Search for “my scores or my reports “
Choose send electronically
Send to AACOMAS or TMDSAS

Reactions: 1 user