Question on MCAT timing & applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope to take the MCAT in either May/June of 2008. However, it's been made clear to me how important it is to get your AMCAS application in early. If I wish to submit AMCAS the earliest date possible (I believe the beginning of June), what's the latest date I can take the MCAT?

FYI: The MCAT date options around that time of year are May 10, 19, 27, 31, and June 13.

If I were to take the June 13 MCAT (allowing me the most time to study with a minimal trade-off in terms of AMCAS submission), how late would my AMCAS app be "complete"? How "bad" is it to submit AMCAS say in early July, as opposed to the first date possible in June?

I'm trying to feel out the importance of timing with this entire process. Feedback is very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit your AMCAS without your MCAT score, and this is advisable. This why you can be verified by the time your MCAT score arrives. If you wait until you get your score to submit, then you still have to wait to get verified. You just have to confident enough in your score, because you can't retract your application if you do poorly.

You can submit your AMCAS without your MCAT score, and this is advisable. This why you can be verified by the time your MCAT score arrives. If you wait until you get your score to submit, then you still have to wait to get verified. You just have to confident enough in your score, because you can't retract your application if you do poorly.

So does that mean that my application is complete the same day MCAT scores are released, assuming the rest of it is finished?

So does that mean that my application is complete the same day MCAT scores are released, assuming the rest of it is finished?

Well, your AMCAS application is complete at that point. You will then have to complete your secondaries and submit your LORs to be considered complete at the schools your are applying to.