Question on new Pcat exam

Started by Saruleii
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Saruleii

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I am going to take Pcat exam on July and I have a few questions I am not sure about.

So the Pcat exams, since 2017, were changed the format so they cut off verbal section and add passages of chemistry and biology, right? I have not taken Organic Chemistry yet, and I intend to study Chem from Dr. Collins material. Would it be ok?
And for the Biology part, animal and plant questions are got rid of and we just need to focus on Human ?

Thank you for your responses
 
Pretty much. You'll see all the changes on the PCAT Updates webpage at Pearson's pcatweb.info site. The most important changes were:
  • Verbal Ability removed
  • Now will have access to calculator and/or perioidic table
  • 50% of Quantitative Reasoning involve word problems
  • 50% of Biology and Chemistry questions associated with passage
Pearson releases a PCAT Test Blueprint and Sample Items document that outlines all the content areas that are tested. For biology, you'll be tested on cellular/molecular biology, diversity of life forms (genetics), health, microbiology, and human A&P, so you won't have to worry about (non-human) animal or plant biology.