Question on open AADSAS application acount + new LOE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brother

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to https://aadsas.adea.org/ and follow the instruction from AADSAS booklet 2008, but I did not see creat account Tab at there. I saw the noctice that Please be advised that 2008 AADSAS Application Cycle closed on February 1, 2008. Applicants can monitor the status of their application until May 2, 2008.

1/ So, I must wait until May 2008 to creat account for application to dental school 2009?

2/ question about the LOE: in AADSAS 2008 require a new LOE. Is the LOE different with science instructors+ dentist's recommendation letters? If they are both the same kind, do instructors + dentist's recommendation letters must follow the Matching form. Because I cannot create application accout now, so, I must wait until I open acount and get the matching form, and give them to the instructors + dentist for writing the LOE?

From AADSAS 2008 page 37
"If the evaluator prefers to submit a paper LOE:
.The applicant is prompted to print an LOE Matching Form that includes a special bar code.
.The applicant provides the LOE Matching Form to the evaluator, who attaches the form to his or her
LOE and mails it to AADSAS at the address provided on the LOE Matching Form."

Thanks for helping me

Members don't see this ad.

1. Yes

2. All LORs (independent of the writer) are treated the same. They will all need matching forms which will be available after you open your account in May. After you print the matching forms, give them to the letter writers, as they must attach them to the LOR.

1. yes. you must wait until may 15th to create an account.

2. you can ask the people you want to write the letter now. i will tell you what i did? i remembering asking around march beacuse i wanted to give them plenty of time to write it. i gave them a deadline in april because i wanted to have all the letters early before may. i told them to send the letters to the "career center" at my school. the career center have a lor service there where they hold onto your letters. then when may 15th came i filled out all the lor information on AADSAS and printed out the matching forms. i gave them matching forms to the career center to be mailed out with the actual letters. i dont remember the matching form having anything on there the letter writer needed to fill out, so the letter writer never saw the matching forms.

Members don't see this ad :)
the matching forms are no longer necessary though, right? because you can have the writers submit their letters electronically?

the matching forms are no longer necessary though, right? because you can have the writers submit their letters electronically?

That was an option in the 2008 cycle. Many still did the old-fashioned snail mail with corresponding matching form.

Regardless, applicants have to wait until the May to do either.

So... just to clarify... for the next cycle, we do NOT need matching forms...? Therefore we can all go ahead and ask for recommendation letters without worrying about the matching forms?

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure whether to wait until the matching forms were available or to just go ahead and ask now. what would i do without sdn??? i <3 sdn!!! :love:

So there is no format for LOR.

It is just letter they have to write. rite?
and matching form is something I can fill out.
Am I right?

sorry to hijack this thread, but I figured I'd post this Q here rather than create an entirely new thread...

I'm an international student and havent gone thru AADSAS before. I have the 47 page AADSAS instruction booklet pdf for last year...other than being ready to enter my grades and personal info (including essay), is there anything else i should have ready before may 15th? I've got my references lined up already btw.

One final q: my school goes by "credits", not "semester hours". A regular course thats 3 hours a week is given 3 credits...would this translate to 3 semester hours?

@uvaGirL07 - i dont know about this coming cycle, but when i applied i needed matching forms. you should ask your professors now. you should have asked like 1 month ago because they need time to write it. you shouldnt worry about the matching forms. i am pretty sure you can fill out the matching forms yourself.

@d wannabe - i think you can fill out the matching forms. that is what i remember doing.

@sloken - i think you are good to go. all you really need to worry about right now is lor and personal statement. if you have time make a list of all your ECs? reading the 47 page booklet should also be helpful and i think you are right about the credits and semester hours. worst comes to worst just call AADSAS and ask them directly?

will I be able to get my all my AADSAS GPA's immediately after filling out the application? I've reaaaaally wanted to know what it is so I can pick schools accordingly, but have had to settle for a rough guess based off my own calc's

will I be able to get my all my AADSAS GPA's immediately after filling out the application? I've reaaaaally wanted to know what it is so I can pick schools accordingly, but have had to settle for a rough guess based off my own calc's

AADSAS will calculate your gpa after you submitted the application.

cheers thanks