Jun 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi all, I have this question on financial proof of support. As an int'l candidate, I know I'm not eligible for common loans and aids. Most schools know that too so they want a guarantee of some sort. I have it ready thanks to prior work savings and an extremely supportive family (yeah Int'l & non trad double whammy; actually more like ORM reapplicant with only okayish stat quintuple whammy T_T)

Question is, should I send that bank account certificate in as supplemental material right now? I tried looking for similar answers but those threads were rather dated. Still, out of the limited information, only Brown (I didn't apply there) asked for it prior to II while others ask for it after acceptance. But these are from a few years back. Also, I know this really belongs to the Int'l applicant subsection but it is not the most heavily-trafficked subsection out there. Thank you for your input in advance.

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Hi all, I have this question on financial proof of support. As an int'l candidate, I know I'm not eligible for common loans and aids. Most schools know that too so they want a guarantee of some sort. I have it ready thanks to prior work savings and an extremely supportive family (yeah Int'l & non trad double whammy; actually more like ORM reapplicant with only okayish stat quintuple whammy T_T)

Question is, should I send that bank account certificate in as supplemental material right now? I tried looking for similar answers but those threads were rather dated. Still, out of the limited information, only Brown (I didn't apply there) asked for it prior to II while others ask for it after acceptance. But these are from a few years back. Also, I know this really belongs to the Int'l applicant subsection but it is not the most heavily-trafficked subsection out there. Thank you for your input in advance.
Schools cannot use ability to pay as a criteria for admission for US students and I dont recall any guidelines that would change this for an International Student. This issue is after you have taken an offer of admission during post-acceptance or pre-matriculation phase of the process. At that time you will be required to submit this information.

Reactions: onyxbell
OP
onyxbell
Jun 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Thank you for the answer. Actually this is just my knee-jerk moment after WUSTL sent me an email to "remind" me about the proof submission. The email gave me a heart attack when Gmail prompted a new item from them. I thought it was an II, didn't touch anything for a good 10 mins or so, decided to bite the bullet, and saw this reminder email about this extra hurdle instead of an II. Ugh.

About the Ads