Question on RX for controlled substances

Started by Kp love
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kp love

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a fax for Xanax from Dr's office, and it was electronically/digitally signed.
Is it still valid? I thought it would only be valid if manually signed and faxed to us.

Thanks in advance.
And also, I'm in AZ😎
 
In AZ, I have no idea. In Illinois it is, provided the doctor has registered & had his electronic signature approved .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a fax for Xanax from Dr's office, and it was electronically/digitally signed.
Is it still valid? I thought it would only be valid if manually signed and faxed to us.

Thanks in advance.
And also, I'm in AZ😎

In FL, it requires a "Wet" Signature