Question on subsidized stafford loans

Started by msbbc833
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

msbbc833

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I know the subsidized stafford loans do not accrue interest while I am in medical school, and they also have some sort of grace period after I graduate. But is there a way to defer interest while in residency? Just curious...

Also, the financial aid package I got from my school as an incoming MS1 will be renewed each year automatically? So if I got $8500 in sub stafford loans this year, I will automatically get the same amt next year? Or is there more paperwork involved?