Question on the AADSAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not applying but I will deal with this eventually.
Has anybody here had a period of unemployment that they had to explain? How do you deal with that in the application under work history.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think the committees care about unemployment.

In honesty, I don't know if anybody really looks (as hard as they should) at the anything other than the numbers.

I worked 40 hour weeks for three years in undergrad as a manager over 500 associates. All of this was done while taking 19-22 credit hours each semester, being married, and having a child.

Many of the people I interviewed with were surprised when I mentioned my work history and often said "Oh, you worked while in school?"

It was blatantly obvious that they hadn't read my AADSAS application.

Do adcoms usually read both application and your essay before the interview? or are they just given one of each?

besides the interpersonal skills, what else do they look for in the interview?

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
I don't think the committees care about unemployment.

In honesty, I don't know if anybody really looks (as hard as they should) at the anything other than the numbers.

I worked 40 hour weeks for three years in undergrad as a manager over 500 associates. All of this was done while taking 19-22 credit hours each semester, being married, and having a child.

Many of the people I interviewed with were surprised when I mentioned my work history and often said "Oh, you worked while in school?"

It was blatantly obvious that they hadn't read my AADSAS application.

Most people don't work fulltime while they carry a fulltime student load, so it's difficult to say from your case since they could have just assumed that you were concentrating in your studies.