Quantcast

question, plz help =)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
what if ur parents are pretty wealthy, but don't want to pay for ur tuition at all?

would one still qualify for financial aid?

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are going to graduate/professional school, then you are considered independent and your need will be based on your income not on your parents. I never qualified for any type of aid during my undergrad years, but for my first year of medical school I have zero expected family contribution. Hope this helps :).

analu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's true, although I've heard that some institutional loans and grants require financial info from your parents, regardless of your independent status.

Having said that, I have a friend whose doing his transitional year now...he has a wife and 3 kids, and he got lots of financial aid during med school---despite his father being Chief of Anesthesiology at a local hospital!

Aloha

P.S. Hi KyGrlDr2B, I see you got your avatar working...cute, though I kinda miss your old one---a prairie dog or chipmunk???:)

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks Analu :). The old one was a squirrel, I loved that thing hahaha. The new one is my new kitty Lexie. :D

dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks u two. puts my mind at ease a lil=)