KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2001
KY
Status
If you are going to graduate/professional school, then you are considered independent and your need will be based on your income not on your parents. I never qualified for any type of aid during my undergrad years, but for my first year of medical school I have zero expected family contribution. Hope this helps :).

analu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Status
That's true, although I've heard that some institutional loans and grants require financial info from your parents, regardless of your independent status.

Having said that, I have a friend whose doing his transitional year now...he has a wife and 3 kids, and he got lots of financial aid during med school---despite his father being Chief of Anesthesiology at a local hospital!

Aloha

P.S. Hi KyGrlDr2B, I see you got your avatar working...cute, though I kinda miss your old one---a prairie dog or chipmunk???:)

About the Ads

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2001
KY
Status
Thanks Analu :). The old one was a squirrel, I loved that thing hahaha. The new one is my new kitty Lexie. :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads