Ruprick

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
261
0
Arizona
Status
I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I graduated from BYU a couple of years ago. I took four classes over the summer (which was split up into two summer terms). Would those be considered "quarter" or "semester" classes for GPA consideration?

Last thing I want to do is screw up my GPA.

*edit* I should add that these were full courses given at an accelerated pace. In other words, I took four classes totaling 13 credit hours over the entire summer.
 

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
4,037
4
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Ruprick said:
I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I graduated from BYU a couple of years ago. I took four classes over the summer (which was split up into two summer terms). Would those be considered "quarter" or "semester" classes for GPA consideration?

Last thing I want to do is screw up my GPA.

*edit* I should add that these were full courses given at an accelerated pace. In other words, I took four classes totaling 13 credit hours over the entire summer.
If you took them at BYU and BYU is on the semester system then they would be classified as semester credits. For example, I took my full year of physics - labs included - over the summer. Although I did it in ten weeks I still obtained 8 semester credits for the work - the same amount and kind of credits as some of my hapless cohorts received for dragging the class out over 32 weeks. I hope this helps!
 
OP
Ruprick

Ruprick

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
261
0
Arizona
Status
Sprgrover said:
If you took them at BYU and BYU is on the semester system then they would be classified as semester credits. For example, I took my full year of physics - labs included - over the summer. Although I did it in ten weeks I still obtained 8 semester credits for the work - the same amount and kind of credits as some of my hapless cohorts received for dragging the class out over 32 weeks. I hope this helps!
Thanks for the info! So my next question is -- my AADSAS app was submitted about a week ago (I know, it's late which is part of the reason I didn't get this question answered in advance) and I submitted them incorrectly as "quarter" credits. I'm going to call them now -- but does anyone know if I can get this fixed?
 

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
4,037
4
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Ruprick said:
Thanks for the info! So my next question is -- my AADSAS app was submitted about a week ago (I know, it's late which is part of the reason I didn't get this question answered in advance) and I submitted them incorrectly as "quarter" credits. I'm going to call them now -- but does anyone know if I can get this fixed?
I am sure you can get it fixed, but it will take them time to do so. AADSAS is not known for its speed. Best of luck!
 

spc213

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2005
105
1
Georgia
Status
Dentist
Ruprick said:
Thanks for the info! So my next question is -- my AADSAS app was submitted about a week ago (I know, it's late which is part of the reason I didn't get this question answered in advance) and I submitted them incorrectly as "quarter" credits. I'm going to call them now -- but does anyone know if I can get this fixed?

AADSAS will send you a confirmation "Pink" copy of your entire course work folio. You will have the opportunity then to resubmit any changes, but that will delay your application that much longer.

Good luck!