Question re: AADSAS Course Lists (semester vs quarter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I graduated from BYU a couple of years ago. I took four classes over the summer (which was split up into two summer terms). Would those be considered "quarter" or "semester" classes for GPA consideration?

Last thing I want to do is screw up my GPA.

*edit* I should add that these were full courses given at an accelerated pace. In other words, I took four classes totaling 13 credit hours over the entire summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Ruprick said:
I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I graduated from BYU a couple of years ago. I took four classes over the summer (which was split up into two summer terms). Would those be considered "quarter" or "semester" classes for GPA consideration?

Last thing I want to do is screw up my GPA.

*edit* I should add that these were full courses given at an accelerated pace. In other words, I took four classes totaling 13 credit hours over the entire summer.

If you took them at BYU and BYU is on the semester system then they would be classified as semester credits. For example, I took my full year of physics - labs included - over the summer. Although I did it in ten weeks I still obtained 8 semester credits for the work - the same amount and kind of credits as some of my hapless cohorts received for dragging the class out over 32 weeks. I hope this helps!

Sprgrover said:
If you took them at BYU and BYU is on the semester system then they would be classified as semester credits. For example, I took my full year of physics - labs included - over the summer. Although I did it in ten weeks I still obtained 8 semester credits for the work - the same amount and kind of credits as some of my hapless cohorts received for dragging the class out over 32 weeks. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the info! So my next question is -- my AADSAS app was submitted about a week ago (I know, it's late which is part of the reason I didn't get this question answered in advance) and I submitted them incorrectly as "quarter" credits. I'm going to call them now -- but does anyone know if I can get this fixed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ruprick said:
Thanks for the info! So my next question is -- my AADSAS app was submitted about a week ago (I know, it's late which is part of the reason I didn't get this question answered in advance) and I submitted them incorrectly as "quarter" credits. I'm going to call them now -- but does anyone know if I can get this fixed?

I am sure you can get it fixed, but it will take them time to do so. AADSAS is not known for its speed. Best of luck!

Ruprick said:

AADSAS will send you a confirmation "Pink" copy of your entire course work folio. You will have the opportunity then to resubmit any changes, but that will delay your application that much longer.

Good luck!