Question Re. Income

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TalinAagam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
edited

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DO's are reimbursed at 44.95% of what a MD makes.

Members don't see this ad :)
^is that a joke?
maybe I should just search and read about previous discussions..

Just thought it would be good to have a newer updated discussion

Yes it's a joke. DO = MD in both job and pay. Searching and reading is ALWAYS best before starting a new thread.

As per the FAQ a the top of the forum, yes earnings should be the same. When an MD or DO bill for the same procedure, etc. it is reimbursed at the same rate.

Salaries/Pay differ usually because of productivity. Even if a base salary is given, your production is going to drive how much money you make. If you see 4 patients an hour and someone else sees 2, regardless of degree, the person seeing two will make less.

Yes it's a joke. DO = MD in both job and pay. Searching and reading is ALWAYS best before starting a new thread.

^ thanks, I am new. havn't read the FAQ yet, but Ill start by doing that

Hi guys, I wanted your opinion on the income of DO grads.

From my understanding, the income of a Family Doc with DO should be = to the income of a Family Doc with an MD.
simply because they both are licensed by the same organization and have the same license, etc.

Can someone more researched add some input?

ps: I know income/money should not be on my mind but it is and I'd like to get more info on it before I move on from here.

Thanks.

No fall for this antiquated bull. Income SHOULD be on your mind, if you end up going to medical school there is a good chance you will be shelling out a significant amount of $$$. Being able to pay back this money will likely weigh on your future decisions. No shame in asking/researching it.

Survivor DO

No fall for this antiquated bull. Income SHOULD be on your mind, if you end up going to medical school there is a good chance you will be shelling out a significant amount of $$$. Being able to pay back this money will likely weigh on your future decisions. No shame in asking/researching it.

Survivor DO

thank you.....I hate it when fake, self-righteous pre meds talk about how money should never pop into one's head when thinking about getting into medical school...if pre meds had a way to prove that other applicants were mainly thinking about money when entering med school, oh they would totally do it. But as I expected, the one that provides a nice dose of realism to the thread is a resident, and not a pre med. :D

Survivor DO

I agree. The only problem with inquiring about income as a pre-med is that the practice climate is changing quickly, and it will be around a decade (or longer) until a pre-med is an attending. It's good to have a general idea of what to expect, but nothing is guaranteed and things will surely look different after one is completely done with training.