Step I Question Re: NBME vs Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stevesteve123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i just took my first NBME and i was wondering:


if the difficulty is similar to the real thing? (in particular I find that many of the questions would have the correct answer and the rest of the choices being so far fetched from the correct one, vs U World where they try to get you tripped up with similar choices)

On step 1 is the platform the same as U world where you can actually Ctrl-F for particular standard lab values?

thanks yo~
 
Use search and look through the experiences and scores threads. Almost everyone comments on this and almost everyone says something different.
 
I took 5 NBME's, weirdly I thought they were all the exact same difficulty (pretty easy, less 2 stepping than UW, got almost the same score on all of them with a slight linear up trend)- exam day was waaaaay more like uworld. Kind of like uworld on roids for some of my questions- tho of course there was a lot of bread and butter too. The data says NBME's are the best predictor so I have my fingers crossed that's true..