Question Re: NBME vs Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stevesteve123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i just took my first NBME and i was wondering:

if the difficulty is similar to the real thing? (in particular I find that many of the questions would have the correct answer and the rest of the choices being so far fetched from the correct one, vs U World where they try to get you tripped up with similar choices)

On step 1 is the platform the same as U world where you can actually Ctrl-F for particular standard lab values?

thanks yo~

Members don't see this ad.

Use search and look through the experiences and scores threads. Almost everyone comments on this and almost everyone says something different.

I took 5 NBME's, weirdly I thought they were all the exact same difficulty (pretty easy, less 2 stepping than UW, got almost the same score on all of them with a slight linear up trend)- exam day was waaaaay more like uworld. Kind of like uworld on roids for some of my questions- tho of course there was a lot of bread and butter too. The data says NBME's are the best predictor so I have my fingers crossed that's true..