Question regarding bachelors from fully accredited university

Started by Oscar0520
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oscar0520

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do physical therapy programs accept or recognize bachelor degrees earned from fully accredited universities. I know most regionally accredited universities do not accept credits from fully accredited schools but I'm not finding anything regarding physical therapy schools. The reason I ask is because I'm in the military right now and I'm finding that most of the education available is through fully accredited institutions. Anyways, if anyone can shed light on this I'd appreciate it.
 
wouldnt a PT program want your degree to be from an accredited university, and nothing less?? Im guessing unless you earned a degree from someplace like Univ. of Phoenix, any accredited university should be accepted by a PT prgm.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well yeah of course I'd imagine it would have to be accredited, but every regionally accredited school (state universities) don't accept credits from fully accredited institutions. So that brought up whether or not physical therapy schools discriminate between the two.
 
Well yeah of course I'd imagine it would have to be accredited, but every regionally accredited school (state universities) don't accept credits from fully accredited institutions. So that brought up whether or not physical therapy schools discriminate between the two.

Some will discriminate between the 2. That is why you have to contact the school(s). Regional accreditation is all that some schools will require for degree and pre-requisities; some will be OK with nationally accredited schools. It may also be listed on PTCAS, but I am not too sure.
 
where do you plan on applying Oscar? I would do was PTisfun suggests, and check with PTCAS, but also check with the school. If you are military some schools with work with you. I am military and some schools have worked with me.