question regarding eras/fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benzo4every1

Wine Ho
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for fellowship
what are these?

MSPE and ABSITE?
Also, are you required to upload a picture and how does one do that?
Once you apply, can you come back and put in a request for the transcript to be sent to the program or does it have to be done pronto?

thanks in advance
benzo

Members don't see this ad.

for fellowship
what are these?

MSPE and ABSITE?
Dean's letter and the Surgery in-training exam, respectively. You need the former but not the latter (obviously).

Also, are you required to upload a picture and how does one do that?

Not required but no reason you shouldn't (unless you're bone ugly). Send it to EFDO for uploading.

Once you apply, can you come back and put in a request for the transcript to be sent to the program or does it have to be done pronto?

Not sure I understand this question. You request your transcript be sent to EFDO (this can be done through your med school, or, if you're still in residency, you can get this stuff from your prog coord and send it in yourself...much faster in my experience) assign it to programs and, when it's available, it'll get uploaded.

that is weird that i would need it, deans letter, for a fellowship application. I thought you only do that for residency. Hmmm. Thanks for your help. I read the eras website more thoroughly this time...