Question regarding non Science Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adambuff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just have a question that I have not been able to find the answer to. That is are there any schools that do not look at classes outside the scope of science when reviewing applications. Like for example thus far Ive done great in all my sciences since I decided to go to vet school. I however had a terrible freshman & half of 2nd year as a business major 3 years ago and left a bad taste in my mouth and probably have greatly hurt my chances of getting into a vet program. These are classes like: payroll accounting, tax preperation, cost accounting, software applications and bus mgnmt. They just bored me and I rarely went so I would love to apply to a school that didnt really care about them as much...Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. I just have a question that I have not been able to find the answer to. That is are there any schools that do not look at classes outside the scope of science when reviewing applications. Like for example thus far Ive done great in all my sciences since I decided to go to vet school. I however had a terrible freshman & half of 2nd year as a business major 3 years ago and left a bad taste in my mouth and probably have greatly hurt my chances of getting into a vet program. These are classes like: payroll accounting, tax preperation, cost accounting, software applications and bus mgnmt. They just bored me and I rarely went so I would love to apply to a school that didnt really care about them as much...Thanks

Cumulative GPA is looked at by pretty much all schools, but many calculate a pre-requisite or science GPA that would not count your business courses, or a "Last 45" credit GPA that might not include your business courses (depending on the schedule you've taken). It sounds like a Last 45-heavy program (such as MN or KSU) would be a good place to focus. You can always include an explanation statement on your application emphasizing how you've done well since you made the switch to science courses and vet med.

Thanks alot Ive been looking at KST alot for that reason...I was not aware MINN was the same way. I am a South Carolina Resident so UGA and MISS ST are obviously on my radar, I was also looking at LSU as they seem to also be a good fit with my academic history...