question regarding PSLF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shetalweapon

ShetalWeapon
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a quick question regarding qualifying for PSLF. I have worked as a hospitalist attending making IDR payments going towards my PSLF for 3 years. I am now relocating as my husband has finished fellowship. The hospital that I work for is a nonprofit with a 501c3 tax exemption code however, the hospitalists that work there are technically hired by another party which doesn't have a tax exemption code. Do I still qualify since I would be working exclusively at a non-profit hospital?

Whether I qualify or not will have an impact on whether I take this job or not. I appreciate any advice!
 
Yeah, this is the thing that most people don’t think about in medicine. If you’re being paid through a not not-for-profit entity, then you don’t get the benefits of working for a not-for-profit institution. Which, actually, a lot of physician jobs are set up that way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad