question regarding PTCAS

Started by PTkid1815
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PTkid1815

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure how to respond to this question, "Does your academic record accurately reflect your capabilities?". I did poorly in the beginning of college and I was diagnosed with ADHD. after that I changed my study habits, worked harder and matured as a student and adult. My GPA had an upward trend afterwards. Should I mention this and how I was able to overcome my obstacles.
 
I would say yes, you should mention it. If the beginning of college made your grades lower, but you've consistently shown since then how you've improved, with a solid reason to back it up, then I don't think it accurately reflects your capabilities.
 
I'm in the same boat. First two years of school was a horrendous 2.5. Last two I averaged a 3.8 taking almost 19 hours a semester. I'm hoping they see that i've buckled down