Question regarding resources for animals who need urgent medical care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jennyfishy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN Vet students!

I'm a regular poster over in the Pre-Med/Allopathic forum, but this is my first time venturing out here to ask you all for advice. I may be posting this in the incorrect location (please let me know or move my post if necessary), but I was wondering if you all could chime in with ideas on groups (non-profits, those that provide financial assistance, etc), folks to consider contacting, and places to get the word out regarding fundraising for pets that need emergency medical assistance for a recent/urgent medical diagnosis.

I already have an online fundraiser, etc. but wanted to get in touch with other people who could help me make sure I reach my goal and "get the word out there."

Again, sorry if I posted this in the wrong direction. Please let me know if you have questions or need additional details.

Members don't see this ad.

This has a database of some of the programs available.

http://www.redrover.org/find-financial-assistance-veterinary-care

If you haven't already heard of it, most vets accept Care Credit.

For the future, pet insurance is a wonderful thing. I have had good experiences with Pet Plan and Embrace.

Good luck with whatever is going on!

Hello, thanks for getting back to me!

I did apply to red rover and made it past the screening process :D Hoping they are able to assist with the last stages of funding for the medical expense!

My vet actually doesn't accept care credit, but I will look more into insurance if the little guy qualifies post-surgery/recovery.

Thanks again!