Question regarding resources for animals who need urgent medical care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jennyfishy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello SDN Vet students!

I'm a regular poster over in the Pre-Med/Allopathic forum, but this is my first time venturing out here to ask you all for advice. I may be posting this in the incorrect location (please let me know or move my post if necessary), but I was wondering if you all could chime in with ideas on groups (non-profits, those that provide financial assistance, etc), folks to consider contacting, and places to get the word out regarding fundraising for pets that need emergency medical assistance for a recent/urgent medical diagnosis.

I already have an online fundraiser, etc. but wanted to get in touch with other people who could help me make sure I reach my goal and "get the word out there."

Again, sorry if I posted this in the wrong direction. Please let me know if you have questions or need additional details.
 
This has a database of some of the programs available.

http://www.redrover.org/find-financial-assistance-veterinary-care

If you haven't already heard of it, most vets accept Care Credit.

For the future, pet insurance is a wonderful thing. I have had good experiences with Pet Plan and Embrace.

Good luck with whatever is going on!

Hello, thanks for getting back to me!

I did apply to red rover and made it past the screening process 😀 Hoping they are able to assist with the last stages of funding for the medical expense!

My vet actually doesn't accept care credit, but I will look more into insurance if the little guy qualifies post-surgery/recovery.

Thanks again!