SaturdayDwarf

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
i'm starting to study for the boards. i feel like i have a million question sources, and i think they are all useful, but i don't think i have time for them all.

i'm definitely doing all of usmle world. but i'd like advice on which i should try to do out of the following:
- robbins review (i did some during the school year)
- lippincotts path (like robbins, a little easier)
- kaplan qbook
- lange Q and A
- NMS question book

i also have some pre-tests (pharm, pathophys, anatomy), and a lange question book for pharm. but i think i will skip those.

lankysudanese

antibiotics fetish
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
robbins and kaplan qbook are good resources. the NBMEs are much more useful than everything on your list including, dare i say, USMLEWorld. especially since you could take them (the NBMEs) in tutor mode and find the answer to practically every question.

TerpMD

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2007
UMD 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
When you say Lange are you talking about the Appleton and Lange Q book... I have that and friends of mine told me it was low yield. For what it's worth, the biochem in that was off the hook...

OP
S

SaturdayDwarf

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Yeah. The Lange Q and A book by Michael King. I remember using the biochem section for the shelf exam last year and it helped A LOT. So, your friend says the rest of the book isn't very useful?

TerpMD

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2007
UMD 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, but his only reason was that the info is low yield so I'm going to keep it on my list if I end up needing more questions. I'm going to make sure to do the other things on my list first though. Did you ever use it for other topics and did you find it helpful for those?