Question to all who may know...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's a tech trainee license?

You register with the state board of pharmacy (Texas in my case) as a technician trainee, and they send you a kind of certificate. You have two years to become certified as a technician.

To the OP: I got hired on at CVS close to where I live as a tech trainee... Most places will want you to be certified already, but I got lucky as a tech had just quit when I got hired.

At the Wag's I worked at last summer as an intern, we had about 3 trainees, so there are jobs available for you. I would just call around to different pharmacies, ask the manager if they're hiring and tell them you're a trainee. I'm sure you'll find some place.
 
You register with the state board of pharmacy (Texas in my case) as a technician trainee, and they send you a kind of certificate. You have two years to become certified as a technician.

To the OP: I got hired on at CVS close to where I live as a tech trainee... Most places will want you to be certified already, but I got lucky as a tech had just quit when I got hired.

At the Wag's I worked at last summer as an intern, we had about 3 trainees, so there are jobs available for you. I would just call around to different pharmacies, ask the manager if they're hiring and tell them you're a trainee. I'm sure you'll find some place.


Ok thanks. Hopefully, I will be just as lucky. Where in Texas are you?