Question to dental students from a dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jkim2013

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I used to use this forum quite a bit when I was a dental student some years ago and now I'm a practicing dentist in Vancouver, Canada.

Outside of practice, I have a strong interest in bringing technology and innovation to the field of dentistry.

Anyway my current project is a web platform made just for dental professionals (including dental students). The goal is to pretty much create a Facebook for dental people and provide features that are customized for dentistry.

Because the platform is for dental students as well, I am curious to know what you guys think.

-What feature would you guys like to see?

-What would make you join such a platform?

-Why wouldn't you join such a platform?

The website is on Beta (www.dentspage.com) and I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance!

PS.: I also created a short introduction video that shows the current basic features:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks awesome! Thanks!
Thanks! Could you give any type of feedback?
Eg. What features or contents you would like to see!
I hope to provide what is useful and practical for everyone.
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Could you give any type of feedback?
Eg. What features or contents you would like to see!
I hope to provide what is useful and practical for everyone.
Thanks in advance!
I think what you have on there is good! I wouldn’t make it much more complex. Simple is nice. You just need to get more people on it in order to make it a useful tool.

Hi guys,

I used to use this forum quite a bit when I was a dental student some years ago and now I'm a practicing dentist in Vancouver, Canada.

Outside of practice, I have a strong interest in bringing technology and innovation to the field of dentistry.

Anyway my current project is a web platform made just for dental professionals (including dental students). The goal is to pretty much create a Facebook for dental people and provide features that are customized for dentistry.

Because the platform is for dental students as well, I am curious to know what you guys think.

-What feature would you guys like to see?

-What would make you join such a platform?

-Why wouldn't you join such a platform?

The website is on Beta (www.digitaldentistryatsouthpoint.com) and I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance!

PS.: I also created a short introduction video that shows the current basic features:

The website looks good, it looks clean and simple, which focuses people's attention. The issue I see, is that it is just a sign in page. It doesn't tell you anything about the site. When I watch your video, I get a better idea of what the site is about. Maybe there is a way to add more content to the homepage to let someone that goes to the site for the first time, understand what it's about? Or maybe write something on the homepage that explains the benefits of the site or incentivizes the visitor to sign up for an account? Is it a free service? If it is, you might want to mention that and that might encourage a visitor to sign up as well.

Reactions: 1 user