Dental Students/Dentist please help me out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothy Smile

Reaction score
I NEED HELP!!!
I have nearly approached all the dental offices near my home and not even one of them is offering any shadowing. I am a Dentist from Pakistan. I moved to the States few months back and I have been trying to stay in touch with my field till I appear for my INBDE. I don't even get to show them my CV. They hear shadowing and the next second they say no we don't offer that. Can someone please help me out in finding a dental office in or near San Jose that offers shadowing even for the minimal hours. At least I would be in touch.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried to reach out to any offices that have Desi dentists? And if so, have they all said no?

If you're religious, try reaching out to the community through that avenue. Someone will invariably always know someone else, and then you will eventually get to a dentist.

If anything, you may need to broaden your search and commute to Sacramento or Fresno, but I doubt you'll need to go that far.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you tried government offices like fqhc's, or clinics that are affiliated with one of the local dental schools?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Offer to work as an unpaid dental assistant.
You might get a different result.

Reactions: 2 users
Have you tried to reach out to any offices that have Desi dentists? And if so, have they all said no?

If you're religious, try reaching out to the community through that avenue. Someone will invariably always know someone else, and then you will eventually get to a dentist.

If anything, you may need to broaden your search and commute to Sacramento or Fresno, but I doubt you'll need to go that far.
No I have not reached out to all the desi dentists. I will try this approach.
Thank you so much this was very helpful

Offer to work as an unpaid dental assistant.
You might get a different result.
I did. but in that case also I did not get any positive response.
Thank you so much for your reply. I will try this again with some other approach