Question: what should I do post interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilclamv

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent thank you letters after my interviews and a letter of intent to my top choice program. I am just wondering if there is anything else I should do at this point to increase my chances of matching at my top choice programs. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Offering to wash the PD's car is what got me into residency.

Meditate. Pray. Take deep breathes. Listen to great music. Play great music. Hang out with people you love. Read books you are interested in. Watch movies.

I am finding this helps me to pass the time.

Best of luck!
CJam

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I agree with Cjam... I'm a nervous wreck at times because my ROL is so geographically diverse but I really want to end up in one area. So I just made some hot coco, threw on some miles davis, and opened up a good book... then ran my head into the wall. I think you've done all you can and just hope that the strength of your app takes care of the rest.

Offering to wash the PD's car is what got me into residency.

so im not the only one!!!!

I started house sitting but the PD got a little bit angry because they were still there!!

Yea I agree with Cjam... I'm a nervous wreck at times because my ROL is so geographically diverse but I really want to end up in one area.

I felt the same way last year. My top 6 spots were: West Coast, Midwest, NYC, Midwest, NYC, West Coast. I really wanted to be on the West Coast (which is where I ended up) but would have been happy in any of those places. But the stress of wondering if I was moving across town or across the country was a bit much at times.

Good luck to you all. I feel your pain since I'm already going through the process again for fellowships.