question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thumbelina

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious...

What kinds of questions are asked by med schools in their secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy,

The four standard questions focus on college activities, community service, medical experience and the general personal statement.

I think the hardest ones are:

Why should we admit you into XYZ's class of 200X? (the art of humility mated with the promotion of one self)

Why did you apply to XYZ? (Oh I hate this one!)

------------------
BSD
______
Work under the assumption that you will be happy one day

I always found it curious why the secondary apps would include anything on it like 'list your extracurric activities, leadership positions, etc'.

Isn't all that already covered on the AMCAS app? They should already know the answers to those questions. I'm wondering if it might be beneficial to split your activities... put some only on the AMCAS and put others only on the secondary apps.

Anybody done this before?

------------------
"There is nothing more powerful on this Earth as a man who has nothing to lose. It does not take ten such men to change the world--one will do." Elijah Mohammed

BigSky,

I was wondering about how original the replies to the questions like 'why do you want to go here' could POSSIBLY be?

After all, most applicants who apply there are pretty aware of all the special features of that particular med school and will cite those things. Those must be the most boring essays to read for the adcomms, but by the very nature of their question they close the door on original responses that still actually answer the question at hand

------------------
"There is nothing more powerful on this Earth as a man who has nothing to lose. It does not take ten such men to change the world--one will do." Elijah Mohammed