Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by aisha, Oct 9, 2001.

1. aisha

aisha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

do u guys know what it means to have dates next to names of some schools whereas none next to some (at the end in the list of schools) on a verified app.

3 of my schools dont have dates (Loyola, Rush and Albert Einstein). does any one else have the same problem? do u know if Albert Einstein, Loyola and Rush are waiting for verified apps before sending out interview invites?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

10 out of my 15 schools don't have dates next to them even though my app is verified. i am getting pretty pissed off about this, but at least im verified. i think the date means that AMCAS has sent something, whether it be preliminary data (name, number, etc.) or your complete verified electronic app. don't go by the dates, though, see what the schools tell you. with einstein, you should at least send in a paper copy of your amcas. dont know about the other schools.

4. aisha

aisha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

did einstein ask for a copy of AMCAS when they sent their sec.??? its so hard to keep track of all that. i regret not writing dates sec were mailed on my school folders . :(

i dont think i sent them a copy. they are so disorganized. i sent my app 2 1/2 months ago.. no acknowledgement.. no nothing.. even check hasnt cleared.. shucks

5. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Aisha, I sent my secondary 2 1/2 months to date, too. They never acknowledged receiving anything from me. I have called them numerous times but the lady always answers: "we can't check your status." I e-mail them and they don't reply. I know there are delays but gosh, you would think they would at least reply to your e-mails. I guess we have to wait and see.

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

The dates just mean that very preliminary info (name, address, e-mail) has been sent to the school to alert them that you're applying. Several of my schools don't have dates either. When I called AMCAS to ask why, they said, not to worry, info had been sent to all the schools. Just the normal AMCAS half-assed way of doing things. :rolleyes: Apparently it's true, as I did start hearing from all the schools, not just the ones with dates.