question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the AAMC does use these types of questions. Try not to do too many third party CARS questions because they are likely doing more harm than good. I did some Jack Westin and I feel like he sometimes gives two “best” answers. The AAMC never does that.

I don’t have question specific strategies because I feel like those strategies are gimmicks. Work on reading comprehension and these questions will make more sense IMO

Reactions: 1 user
The question you referenced is an example of a reasoning beyond the text question and will definitely be on the AAMC exam. Because the answer won't be explicitly in the text, you will always have some degree of uncertainty in your answer choice. It seems like you can make arguments for or against almost every answer offered. What's worked for me in the past is to choose the answer that looks closest to the main idea. As long as you have a decent grasp of the author's main point, you shouldn't need to refer back to the text to answer the question. Narrow the answer choices down to the one that looks closest to the main idea and go with that. Another approach to these question is to put yourself in the author's shoes and select the answer that he or she would most likely pick. As with most CARS questions, if you know the main idea of a passage, you can use to it to guide you to the correct answer.

Reactions: 1 user