1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by vyparik1, Jun 18, 2002.

1. vyparik1

vyparik1 Member
    10+ Year Member

To those med students that have completed their first and second year of medical school, which year did you find to be more difficult? Did you change your study habits from year 1 to year 2?
    How did you study for Step 1?

I ask because I will be entering my second year come this August and would like to know what I will be facing. Thanks for the replies! :)

V

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Some students found the first year to be tougher, some found the second year to be more difficult. I found the second year to be easier. I think my prior training as a paramedic related more to the second year than to the first, so that's why it was easier for me. Some students had a difficult time with the second year, especially for physiology and pharmacology (we study all disciplines by organ system - we got most of our physiology the second year).