Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmacistReb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a pharmacy student just needing some help on a small assignment regarding GERD...

Our facilitator mentioned 3 main surgical treatments for patients with GERD who have alarm symptoms that require a more invasive treatment approach.

I'm just needing to know the main types of surgery options for patients so that I can research the details regarding those surgeries.

Thanks in advance!
 
I am not sure what type of surgery there is for "alarm symptoms". Usually, it's a prompt to stop just giving PPIs and actually do an EGD to screen for malignancy or other conditions that might be associated with GERD.