Questions about 2018 Cycle.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DirtyMathBook

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a few questions, as this is my first time applying to medical school.

When is the absolute latest MCAT exam I can take for me to be considered for this cycle? Will me taking a later exam affect my chances of submitting my application by June 1st?

Im new to the whole application process and its quite daunting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Your application will not be processed by schools until after they have your scores. So it won't affect you technically "submitting" your application, but schools won't look at it until you get your scores back. Also, I would suggest not submitting your application until you have your scores back. As has been suggested, fill out the whole application and then send it to one school only, a throwaway school. This will allow your application to get verified without blindly sending your MCAT scores in (without knowing what they are, in case of a problem).

As far as applying goes: the earlier, the better. June would probably be ABSOLUTE LATEST for me personally, but there have been stories on here of people taking it later. Do not take it past July.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd say July is latest you'd want to test, so that your score will be sent in August and you can hit complete by the first week of Sept.

This will require pre-writing all your secondaries though.