hhhsmath06

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2008
Status (Visible)
Hi guys,
I am new to this section and I have a few questions in regard to the application process:
1. Is it too late to apply at this time of the year for the 2009 entering class?
2. My GPA is 3.8 and my MCAT is 26 (ps-10, vr-6, bs-10), what are my chances (academically speaking) of getting in?

thank you so much for your time.

DPMstudent

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Hi guys,
I am new to this section and I have a few questions in regard to the application process:
1. Is it too late to apply at this time of the year for the 2009 entering class?
2. My GPA is 3.8 and my MCAT is 26 (ps-10, vr-6, bs-10), what are my chances (academically speaking) of getting in?

1 - still plenty of time
2 - you should get in your top choice

Feli

Übermensch
10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Ariz
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatrist
You can still apply. I don't think any schools are waitlisted yet, but some may have given out most/all of their scholarship funds. Your best bet is to check with the programs directly...

http://www.aacpm.org/html/collegelinks/cl_schools.asp

Your academic stats are pretty solid, so I don't think you'd have a problem getting into any of the programs as long as you apply reasonably soon (some programs were on waitlist by Feb/Mar/Apr last year). You should also be competitive for a scholarship at most programs that give $. For now, just try to gain info and shadow area pods. GL :thumbup:

GymMan

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
The AWA baby!
Status (Visible)
Hi guys,

Most likely they'll still be a few schools that barely fill their classes near the end of sumer, even. I don't suggest waiting for a good school choice til then but there's always someone still willing to take tuition, for one more student, when its crunch time and their admisson dollars are on the line.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.