questions about applying to Ireland as U.S. citizen, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcat_taker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the Irish/UK forum and wanted to ask a few questions:

Namely, is there a minimum mcat that Irish schools require for grad entry? What would be considered a score high enough to be able to apply with as an American? I get my score back in a week and was averaging a 27 on practice tests but who knows, also have a masters degree. Is it easier to get an acceptance as an international? Does also having dual E.U citizenship in any way help or detract from your application? I'm an American looking at SGU in the carib, irish, and australian med schools. Any advice with Irish vs. Australia would be really helpful! Thank you so much to whoever responds.

Members don't see this ad.

1. There's no minimum MCAT that Irish school publish, but be aware that the applicant pool has become increasingly more competitive over the years.
2. In my opinion your MCAT score should be at least greater than 27, preferably greater than 30.
3. International applicants are considered separately from Irish applicants so you are essentially competing amongst other international students.
4. You will be applying as an international student so the E.U. citizenship won't help you or hurt you in anyway.

1. There's no minimum MCAT that Irish school publish, but be aware that the applicant pool has become increasingly more competitive over the years.
2. In my opinion your MCAT score should be at least greater than 27, preferably greater than 30.
3. International applicants are considered separately from Irish applicants so you are essentially competing amongst other international students.
4. You will be applying as an international student so the E.U. citizenship won't help you or hurt you in anyway.

thanks for the advice! I will just wait and see on my mcat.