Questions about CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esth0001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have plan to apply to CCOM this coming summer, and have a couple of questions about the school.

1) How likely is it for me to get the interview with cumulative GPA of 3.865 and Basic science GPA of 4.00 and MCAT of 27?

2) At which hospitals can students do their clinicals? for example, Is it possible for students to do their clinical electives at institutions like Northwestern, Rush, and ....

3) Will students have an opportunity to do research in the first two years of medical school? Does anybody know about the "Student Research Elective" course that is offered at CCOM?

Members don't see this ad.

1) Im not sure if you just wanted to show off your gpa or what, clearly they are good enough to get an interview at CCOM and just about any school, MD or DO (minus the MCAT)

2) Im pretty sure the answer is no.

3) I dont know.

2. You can do your electives anywhere you want, including any of the big downtown hospitals if you so choose. Also, keep in mind that many of the "big name" schools send their students to other sites all over the city, and you will be with those students as part of your core rotations. During my 3rd year I have rotated with students from Northwestern, Rush, U of C, CMS, UIC, and Loyola.

3. Lots of students get involved with research during the first two years. Just about all the basic science depts take students either part-time during the school year, or full-time during the summer between MS-1 and 2. There are also paid positions within some of the depts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with the above. I rotated with a lot of Rush, Loyola, Northwester, UIC, and others. I really don't care for them, but I did rotate with them. I'd say that their medical knowledge was on par with ours. Their geekiness level was a lot higher. Common sense was pretty low.

If you are female and have the aforementioned statistics, you can go anywhere you want. Make sure you know what you want. If you really like those "big name" schools, apply to them. See what happens.

Buckeye(OH) said:
1) Im not sure if you just wanted to show off your gpa or what, clearly they are good enough to get an interview at CCOM and just about any school, MD or DO (minus the MCAT)

2) Im pretty sure the answer is no.

3) I dont know.

I agree with Buckeye, what the hell is this a peep show?