Questions about CMG transitions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buckeye1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Found out today that my current CMG is losing the contract and in 4 months the hospital will switch to another group. Any advice on transitioning between groups? Also as far as my contract does it essentially void? I am almost to the end of the first year of a 3 years contract. I did have a sign on so not sure what happens with that as well.

Not sure if I should look to stay or move on.

TH -> Apollo FWIW

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Found out today that my current CMG is losing the contract and in 4 months the hospital will switch to another group. Any advice on transitioning between groups? Also as far as my contract does it essentially void? I am almost to the end of the first year of a 3 years contract. I did have a sign on so not sure what happens with that as well.

Not sure if I should look to stay or move on.

TH -> Apollo FWIW

TIA

Don’t give back the sign-on bonus.

Reactions: 1 user
“Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss.”- The Who

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All depends on the terms. Depending on your TeamHealth contract they could ask for that money back. Your contract doesn’t extend to Apollo. They will have new contracts for you to sign. I would advise you and the others come together and negotiate collaboratively especially if there isn’t a glut of humans who want to work there.

Yes have all of your docs pitch in and hire a lawyer or legal group and help negotiate terms. It will definitely be worth your $$

Reactions: 1 users
My bonus was paid up front that’s why I am not sure what happens now. May look into transferring sites as my current place is pretty much a dumpster fire. 54k annual volume county hospital with no large institution affiliation which basically makes it a CAH with the limited resources we have. 200k population county and the one hospital has no Urology, Neurology, Neurosurg, Vascular, GI(1 day per week), or Interventional Cards(despite having a cath lab). It’s crazy how poorly the system is run. Needs an overhaul.

Reactions: 1 user