questions about DAT testing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BRZ24

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just made an appointment to take the test about 4 weeks from today and I got a confirmation email. In the email, it lists the appointment date, time, etc. But there was one additional info that I have a question about.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Important Note: Previously two erasable note boards, two low-odor fine tip dry erase markers, and an eraser were provided to you by test center staff for your examination. However, sites are in the process of receiving new markers. These new markers are of better quality but they cannot be erased with an eraser. Therefore, sites will not be supplying you with an eraser. If you fill the two note boards and require additional note boards, please raise your hand and inform the test center administrator. The test center administrator will exchange one of your used note boards with a new note board. This change has not occurred at all sites yet but will be implemented within the next few months.

Does this mean I will get like a mini whiteboard ? I thought we are given 2 laminated sheets?

Members don't see this ad.

You're given two laminated sheets, but they're not erasable. You just ask for a new sheet whenever you use the front and back of them. (When you flip it over to use the back, say good bye to whatever was on the front by the way)

You're given two laminated sheets, but they're not erasable. You just ask for a new sheet whenever you use the front and back of them. (When you flip it over to use the back, say good bye to whatever was on the front by the way)

LOL we can't go back to see what was written on the back of it? wow...

also, can we use our saliva to erase it?

which testing center did you go to RU1992?
is it one in hamilton NJ? lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

yeah, you can use your saliva to erase. also sometimes the marker isnt dried up all the way and u can just use your finger to erase stuff, but itll smudge a little. from my experience it did take some time for the person to replace the laminated sheets so if you notice youre about to run outa space soon, hold up the sheets while youre reading the problems/writing on the other sheet so u dont waste precious time. :)

you can erase with saliva, but I wouldn't really recommend it. When I was testing, I found this out early and started doing it, but realized that when you re-write back over it it sort of messes up the markers and makes them not write as well. Honestly, at my testing center they were very good about bringing another sheet out to you very promptly when you raised your hand, so I don't think its really necessary.

I tested at the one in Clark, NJ but the lady took a while as the person above me said. So I did exactly what he said above and held up my sheet while reading the next problem so that I wouldn't waste time. I also got brand new sheets inbetween during the break so that I could use a new one for reading and for math. And the saliva erases it, but your hands start to smudge and it starts messing up the writing if you lean on the board with your hand like I do when I write. Just a heads up...

The new markers are fine tipped. If you write decently small/normal, you will have no problem fitting everything for the test on the front and back of the 2 sheets. I personally only used 3/4 of 1 sheet if I remember correctly. Either way, you can get 2 new sheets at your break so you really should be OK with what you have without exchanging anything.