Questions about Extracurriculars in PhORCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmakoconut

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Under publications, can we include articles under review?
2. Under presentations, can we include non-platform/poster presentations that weren't part of a rotation or class? I have presentations from being a teaching assistant and from different clubs, but I'm not sure if I can include those in PhORCAS.
3. Can we put committee memberships under leadership positions if we didn't hold an office?
 
1. Under publications, can we include articles under review?
2. Under presentations, can we include non-platform/poster presentations that weren't part of a rotation or class? I have presentations from being a teaching assistant and from different clubs, but I'm not sure if I can include those in PhORCAS.
3. Can we put committee memberships under leadership positions if we didn't hold an office?

1. I wouldn't. You can put that on your CV and talk about it during interviews.
2. Yes although you'll want to be picky about what you include. Just consider whether you think it will really help you or if you are just adding stuff for the sake of adding things. If it was a significant project/presentation you can and would definitely talk about if asked, then I would include. If you presented a pharmacy related poster, I would almost always say include.
3. Yes and you should. More important is what you did.