Questions about GPA for non-trads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queenbee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might come off as stupid, so I apologize in advance. This whole process is still very new to me.

I had a 3.37 overall GPA undergrad. I am starting a postbac program next month and I was wondering if the grades I get in the postbac courses will be integrated into my overall GPA? So, if the schools ask me what my overall GPA is, do I get to include my postbac classes or do I have to put a disclaimer on it - like, "I got a 3.37 undergrad and a x.xx in my postbac classes?"

I was reading over mdapplicants.com and couldn't tell whether people included their postbac grades in their overall GPA.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

queenbee said:
This might come off as stupid, so I apologize in advance. This whole process is still very new to me.

I had a 3.37 overall GPA undergrad. I am starting a postbac program next month and I was wondering if the grades I get in the postbac courses will be integrated into my overall GPA? So, if the schools ask me what my overall GPA is, do I get to include my postbac classes or do I have to put a disclaimer on it - like, "I got a 3.37 undergrad and a x.xx in my postbac classes?"

I was reading over mdapplicants.com and couldn't tell whether people included their postbac grades in their overall GPA.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am also new to this but from what I have found is that AMCAS will calc. your overall GPA (including all undergrad. and post-bacc courses), your science GPA and your non-science GPA and these will be sent to the schools you are applying to. Although your GPA will include all your courses, if you do really well in your post-bacc and it has been some time since undergrad. the adcomm's will consider this when your applying, since it shows improvement and maturity.

Good luck with your post-bacc courses.

All of your undergrad grades are used to calculate your BCPM, AO (all other), and total GPAs. On your AMCAS application, your GPA will also be broken down by year by category. There is therefore no need for a disclaimer -- it will be evident in your AMCAS app.

thanks so much for your assistance. that makes me feel better, as i now i have a slight chance to raise my GPA a tiny bit.

also, another newbie question - is there some sort of FAQ post or something explaining all the acronyms people use on this board? i've mastered most of them, i think.. or i could be making things up as i go along. :laugh:

thanks, and good luck to the rest of the non-trads. :thumbup: