Questions about "Institutions Attended" and Entering Coursework

Started by AerialPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AerialPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a little confused as to what to put for the start and end dates for institutions attended. I have my main university that I got my degree in, and then a university in my hometown where I took summer classes. The university that I took summer classes through has a main campus and 2 branch campuses that I also took classes through. However, the school just combines main and branch campus courses into 1 transcript.

Should I put individual start and end dates for each campus depending on when I took classes there? I am also planning on taking a class at the main campus Autumn 2016 so in that case should I put December 2016 for the end date?
 
From my understanding of the PTCAS Instruction manual:

Your start date in your main institution is your first semester there. (ex: August 2012), your end date is when you received your degree OR when you expect to receive your degree (ex: May 2017).

For your hometown university put as the start date the first semester that you ever took classes there (ex. May 2014) and the end date the last semester that you will. So since you plan on taking classes there next fall, your end date there will be December 2016. I don't think you should differentiate the different campuses since it is the same institution (and the same transcript).