SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Questions about Midwestern CCP

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by pharmf2012, Jun 13, 2008.

1. pharmf2012

Jun 13, 2008
    I am terribly confused about Midwestern Univ in Downers Grove admission policy. I took Organic Chem I and II and only took Organic Chem I lab. If I do not take Organic Chem II Lab, will they hold it against me?

In regards to anatomy, I have heard rumors that they look down upon Anatomy courses taken at a community college. I have seen many programs at universities that offer a 2 semester combined sequence of anatomy+physiology. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would rather take it at a community college not only due to monetary concerns but also time concerns as well.

Also, does anyone know where I can access statistics of students that were accepted within the past few years?

Many thanks.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. timbutt2

timbutt2 5+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I took Anatomy at a community college, however I was accepted before I took the class. A physiology class I had taken did not cover the anatomy prereq at midwestern. After I was accepted, I took any Pharmacy pre-reqs that didn't go toward my Biology degree (Anatomy and Statistics) at community college. Saved major $$$. I was able to get away with only one Organic Chem lab (Organic Chem Lab I), btw--but the organic chem lab I took was 2 credits and the lecture was 4.
  4. Illinigirl09

Illinigirl09 2+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    They'll accept Orgo I, Orgo I Lab and Orgo II only if it adds up to the 8 credit hours they require. At least I'm pretty sure, but thats what I was told from someone in admissions.

Oh, and they look at where you take classes and weigh them that way - so someone who got an A in anatomy or any class for that matter at a 4-year university might have an edge over someone who took them at a CC. That doesn't mean they "look down upon it."