Questions about Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmf2012

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am terribly confused about Midwestern Univ in Downers Grove admission policy. I took Organic Chem I and II and only took Organic Chem I lab. If I do not take Organic Chem II Lab, will they hold it against me?

In regards to anatomy, I have heard rumors that they look down upon Anatomy courses taken at a community college. I have seen many programs at universities that offer a 2 semester combined sequence of anatomy+physiology. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would rather take it at a community college not only due to monetary concerns but also time concerns as well.

Also, does anyone know where I can access statistics of students that were accepted within the past few years?

Many thanks.
 
I took Anatomy at a community college, however I was accepted before I took the class. A physiology class I had taken did not cover the anatomy prereq at midwestern. After I was accepted, I took any Pharmacy pre-reqs that didn't go toward my Biology degree (Anatomy and Statistics) at community college. Saved major $$$. I was able to get away with only one Organic Chem lab (Organic Chem Lab I), btw--but the organic chem lab I took was 2 credits and the lecture was 4.
 
They'll accept Orgo I, Orgo I Lab and Orgo II only if it adds up to the 8 credit hours they require. At least I'm pretty sure, but thats what I was told from someone in admissions.

Oh, and they look at where you take classes and weigh them that way - so someone who got an A in anatomy or any class for that matter at a 4-year university might have an edge over someone who took them at a CC. That doesn't mean they "look down upon it."