Questions about my current situation after violating a test policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1043878

Hi, everyone. I'm currently an OMS-1 international student. I had my anatomy test recently. I finished my written exam at home then rushed to school to take the anatomy practical in a 30 mins window. In a hurry, I forgot to put my phone inside the locker and was found possessing it during the practical. Our school has a test policy prohibiting students from bringing electronic devices into the test locations and as a result, I received a 0 in my practical. The proctoring professor testified that I did not cheat or use my phone. This violation probably will not go into my record.

I deeply regret my actions and my ignorance of the test policy. But I also want to grasp my current situation, therefore I have two questions
---Question 1: some backgrounds: our school has a quartile ranking system. With the practical turns into a 0, I lost my honor in this course but still managed to pass. In addition, international students like me will go through a somewhat different, and more competitive, match process (H1b or J1 visa match). Lastly, with step 1 going P/F, I assume grades will matter more, therefore:

If anyone is familiar with this matching process, could you please tell me how would mid-tier or low-tier first-year academic ranking affect me going through the match?

---Question 2: Is there anything I could do to compensate or improve this situation?

Again, I am genuinely sorry and will never repeat the same mistake. Apology for the long post and thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Just try and do well on step 2 and honor any class you can from here on out

Reactions: 1 users
Talk to your advisor and see what they can do to get you a grade. These zero tolerance policies are made by idiots. Can you imagine someone testifying you didn't do anything wrong and getting punished harshly over a simply mistake? All these NPCs should be fired